Thursday, November 12, 2009

(Originally written 11-11-09, forgot to post)

November Challenge:

Goal ~ 1,130

Total Minutes Completed ~ 370

Total Minutes Remaining ~ 760

I'm happy with my progress so far. Last night I was on the treadmill and did an incline of 16 for 50 minutes! I started with a goal of 35 minutes, as that would be 5 minutes longer at that huge incline than I'd done before, and once I got there I decided to push myself more and see if I could make 50 minutes. I'm so glad I did. It never ceases to amaze me what my body can do.

I worked out with my trainer Monday night, we did arm stuff and also worked on my sides, and I loved every minute of it. We did one exercise where I was standing holding a handle from a cable machine thing on one hand and I would lean the opposite direction, so it would use my side muscles....I'm not explaining this very well, but anyway Sgt. Fitness did it with me so we looked like mirror images. I like that he does some of these exercises with me. Especially when they're ones that make me feel dorky and uncoordinated. At least I won't be looking dorky alone.

I was telling him that it really makes me happy I'm not at all bored with this stuff yet, I'm still excited about going to the gym and I hope it stays that way. I know he works hard to keep it interesting for me and I appreciate it. I don't think I've been losing much weight this month, I haven't checked. I can't remember when my trainer will do the measuring thing again, I'm thinking next week but I'll have to ask him. My clothes are definitely fitting differently though, they're getting baggy and loose, and I just feel better.

I have tiny leg muscles again! You know those thigh muscles that will show up right above your knee? Mine have reappeared, just a little but enough to notice. My arms also look a bit better. Probably not enough for anyone else to notice but I can see (and feel) the difference. There is a lot more work ahead of me as far as getting into shape and having a healthy body, but I can't believe how much better I feel already.

No comments:

Post a Comment