Friday, October 23, 2009

I am feeling muscles in my arms, chest and shoulders I never knew existed until today. I seem to say that a lot about my muscles, not knowing they existed. I'm so glad that is changing.

But back to my arms.

I worked out with Sgt. Fitness for 30 minutes. I used 15 pound weights for shoulder press things, it was not an easy task. Well, at first it didn't seem too bad, but when I got to about 15 of the 20 reps Sgt. Fitness had me do I wasn't thinking it was so easy anymore. And then I had to do it all over again. All but one of the exercises were new to me so it kept my attention.

I have to admit I sometimes get distracted by people working out around me. No matter how often I tell myself not to, I inevitably compare myself to others. I see women who have amazing arms or run on a treadmill for an hour and wonder how long it will be before I get results like that.

Wait, I take it back about the running. I hate to run. But you get the idea.

What's interesting to me is that before I started all this gym stuff I would have looked at these women and wished for their bodies and been jealous. Now I look at them more as an inspiration to get my body in the best shape it can be. In the short time I've been going to this new gym I've started to discover what my body can do. I've pushed myself out of my comfort zone and it's not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. Instead of being all gung-ho for a few weeks and then stopping or getting bored, I'm even more excited about it now than I was when I started.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the progress I've made. I'm seeing results, my measurements are going down and so is the number on the scale. My clothes aren't fitting me very well. Best of all I just feel better in general. And what makes me excited to keep going is knowing I've just started. I can't wait to see how I feel after another few months.

My eating habits have improved greatly but still need a lot of work. I need to figure out what to eat before I work out, because I seem to run out of energy pretty fast and sometimes get jittery or shaky feeling. I'm also not very good at balancing the calories out, I'll eat hardly any calories for breakfast and lunch and then be starving by the time I get off work and want to eat everything in sight when I get home. I need to work on a meal plan of sorts and make a shopping list.

I'm feeling pretty damn good about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment