Thursday, October 29, 2009

Son came up with the idea of doing 1,130 minutes of exercise for November. 11th month + 30 days in November = 1,130. I like it! It's 200 minutes more than we had for October, so it will challenge us, but not so much more that we'll feel like we can't achieve it. I'm really loving doing a certain number of minutes instead of miles.

On the treadmill I've been concentrating on incline, not speed, so I don't worry about how far I've gone at all. Well, that's not entirely true, I still keep track of my miles. It's just not my main focus.

Last night I was on the treadmill for 69 minutes and walked 3 miles! To start I did an incline of 16 for about 35-40 minutes. It felt a lot harder last night than it did Monday, I'm not sure why. After that I varied the incline from 8 to 12 (I think), and experimented with different speeds. I discovered the faster I go, the less I think. Maybe because I'm concentrating so hard on just staying on the damn treadmill, I'm afraid to waste energy worrying about anything else.

Can you imagine what it would look like if I went flying off that thing?!

I finally have been able to listen to music while I'm on the treadmill. Nathan helped me put more songs on my phone so I had new songs the entire time I was walking. I need to find faster songs though, some just were not cutting it.

My eating habits today have been good. I tried mixing Greek yogurt with my granola cereal this morning. It was....okay. It has a different flavor. I don't mind it, but I'm thinking it would be much better in a smoothie or something. I spent a few minutes looking for recipes last night and didn't find anything. I'll keep looking.

Bowling tonight, that will count as a tiny bit of exercise. We're having a pre-Halloween potluck. I'm going to eat dinner before I go, everyone always brings junk to eat like cake and cookies. Of course I've only recently started to look at it as junk, before that I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Funny how perceptions change.

Funny how I'm changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment