Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I had a tough workout with Sgt. Fitness tonight, I was wore out when we were done. I liked it though, we did yet more things I haven't done before. lol I don't know how Sgt. Fitness comes up with them all. I asked him tonight if he ever gets bored with all the exercise stuff and he said no. His passion for all this really helps make me want to do better for myself, which is something I didn't expect when I started the training. I am envious that he seems to be so sure of his career path, that this is what he wants to do.

I've noticed I have some trouble with my wrists. I'm not sure if it's early signs of carpal tunnel or if they are just really weak. Either way it's annoying.I warmed up with 15 minutes at a 4 incline, then did 30 minutes of training with Sgt. Fitness, then 15 more minutes on the treadmill at 13 and then 10. I wanted to stay on longer but I didn't eat dinner before I went so I didn't have much energy.

It hasn't been until I started working out that I realized how much food affects your energy levels. I know, it should be obvious. Maybe it's more accurate to say I've just never given this stuff any thought before so I feel like I'm learning something new about my body all the time.

Lately I haven't been sleeping all that well. I got more sleep last night, and I'm hoping my workout tonight will help when I go to bed soon. Should I stop reading when I climb into bed? Is that the problem? Is it stress? I haven't pinpointed it.

Sgt. Fitness is going to weigh and measure me on Friday. Ugh. On one hand I'm excited to see if I made any progress, and on the other I know that my eating habits still have a lot of room for improvement so I worry that I haven't lost much. I'm in this for the long haul though so if it takes more time for the weight to come off, I'm okay with it as long as I keep it off. According to my scale yesterday I weigh 185 pounds. The gym scale had me at 193 last month so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment