Sunday, October 18, 2009

My body is feeling the workouts I did Friday and Saturday. I actually hate to take a day off but I think my body needs to recover a little.

Friday night I worked out with Sgt. Fitness. My legs were still sore from our workout Monday but they were much better than they had been. Of course it didn't take any time at all for them to remind me of muscles I apparently quit using. Sgt. Fitness asked me if I was too sore to move, etc. and I told him no. Actually as sore as I was it wasn't anywhere near what I felt working out with the trainer at the YMCA, so I really didn't mind too much.

Telling him that was a mistake, he had me do some arm exercises that I'm feeling right now. Again, not so bad I'm whimpering every time I move, but enough to let me know they were worked hard.

The last exercise we did was almost like a pilates hip roll. To be honest I felt extremely dorky doing it. Sgt. Fitness was laying on the mat and did the exercise with me so I didn't feel quite as foolish as I would have if he'd been standing there watching me. When we got done he asked me how I felt and I said damn good.

I even meant it.

I felt worn out and energized at the same time, I felt amazing. After that I got on the treadmill for half an hour. I didn't get to as high of an incline as I did a few days before, but after the workout my trainer had me do (and because I didn't have time to eat before I went), I wasn't quite up for it. But that's okay, I still kicked some ass.

Yesterday I met Kelly at the gym for a Zumba class. I had a free pass so I could try it. It was so much fun! It's an aerobics class based on Latin dancing. I felt a little foolish, not knowing any of the moves or anything, but I had a great time. They're going to do another boot camp next month so I might sign up for that. Besides Kelly and I there were 5 other women, everyone seemed to love it. I was sweating pretty good when we got done. I'm finding it feels good just to move, which sounds silly but it's the truth.

After Kelly and I were done at the gym I came home and decided to clean the apartment. So I put in a Shakira CD, scrubbed the kitchen and vacuumed, did laundry, etc. I worked up a sweat doing it but instead of feeling worn out by it I felt good.

As if that wasn't enough, I put together a bookshelf and that was a lot of work, I ended up sweating yet again. My eating habits haven't been as good as they could be, but they haven't been terrible. I had sesame chicken for dinner Friday (really late Friday night), but I'm finding it doesn't agree with me very well lately. Yesterday I had breakfast before I went to the gym but never ate lunch and didn't have dinner until 7:30, so that wasn't good. Today I'm going to do better.

According to my scale this morning I weigh 181.8 pounds. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment