Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I ate pretty well today, I need to log my food into the gym's site before I head for bed though to make sure. One thing I've noticed is that while I'm eating breakfast every day now, I'm not eating it until around 10:30 a.m. I should be eating it earlier, so by 10:30 I'd be having a snack of some sort. It's just hard to wake up and eat right away, I've always felt like I need to be up for awhile first. Anyway, I'll experiment a little and see if I can change that.

I made it to the gym around 8:00 and ended up talking to Kelly for half an hour before I convinced her to get on a treadmill with me. She wants to lose weight but doesn't have a lot of motivation right now. It would be nice if we could work out together but I'm not sure yet if it will happen or not. I know exactly how she feels, I was there a few months ago, but I've gotten to the point where I enjoy exercise. I'm finally starting to feel the whole endorphin rush thing, which until recently I thought was utter bullshit. While I can't say I'm ready to skip and sing songs when I'm done with my workouts, I just feel good.

Tonight I walked 1.20 miles. I did an incline of 12 for 15 minutes, incline of 14 for 15 minutes, incline of 18 for 5 minutes (holy crap that was tough!), and then Kelly and I did some free weight exercies and ran back and forth a few times in the room they do classes in.

Yep, I ran.

Not entirely willingly, but I did it. Let's hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon.

I've been finding some really great blogs about health and fitness. One is a guy who has lost 150 pounds (roughly), another is a woman a few years younger than me who has lost almost 100 pounds. It's so inspiring to read about their lives and how they changed them for the better. They also have links to useful websites so I've been reading up a storm. I should link them here, or at least bookmark them so I can find them again when the mood strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment